The University of Vienna seeks to fill the position of a University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Classical Archaeology. The position will run from 15.11.2023 to 14.11.2029.
The advertised position is in the research field of Late Antique and Early Christian Archaeology and offers unique opportunities for carrying out interdisciplinary research.
The successful applicant will
- develop and strengthen their independent research profile
- participate in research projects / research studies in the field of Late Antique and Early Christian Archaeology
- publish and present internationally
- write project applications for and acquire third-party funding
- prepare / write a (publication-ready) habilitation thesis
- teach courses as defined by the collective agreement
- supervisie students
- participate in evaluation measures and quality assurance
- be involved in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
The successful candidate will have a PhD degree or equivalent qualification in archaeology (Classical or Late Antique and Early Christian Archaeology) and professional competence in the field of Late antique and Early Christian Archaeology.
Reference number: 14194