The Department of Classics and Ancient History at the University of Warwick invites expressions of interest for Leverhulme Trust Postdoctoral Research Fellowships from outstanding early career postdoctoral researchers. The Department has particular interest in hosting researchers working within areas relevant to our research clusters:
- Ancient Literature and Thought
- Ancient Numismatics
- Ancient Spaces
- Classical Epigraphy
- Connecting Classics
- Medical Humanities and Greco-Arabic Studies
Early career researchers at Warwick have many opportunities to receive professional training, to apply for internal funding to support the organisation of research events, and to work in a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment.
- hold a doctoral degree by the time they take up the Fellowship. If currently registered for a doctorate, they must have submitted their thesis by 4pm on 23 February 2023;
- not yet have held a full-time permanent academic post in a UK university or comparable UK institution;
- not have existing funding in place for a duration equivalent to or greater than the duration of the Early Career Fellowship;
- be within four years of the award of their doctorate. Those who submitted their thesis for viva voce examination before 23 February 2019 are not eligible to apply, unless they have since had a career break;
- either hold a degree (any degree) from a UK higher education institution at the time of taking up the Fellowship or at the time of the application deadline hold a non-permanent academic position in the UK (e.g. fixed-term lectureship, fellowship) which commenced no less than 4 months prior to the closing date. Those who do not hold a UK degree and whose UK academic position commenced after October 2022 are not eligible.
Applicants should contact a potential before submitting an expression of interest. The deadline for submitting expressions of interest to the Department is 25th November 2022. The application deadline is 23 February 2023.