Interfaith Dialogues: Jewish and Christian Connections via Medieval Art and Literature, special issue of Religions
Guest Editors: Sara Offenberg, en-Gurion University of the Negev, and Vered Tohar, Bar-Ilan University
The journal Religions announces a call for a special issue on “Interfaith Dialogues: Jewish and Christian Connections via Medieval Art and Literature”. This Special Issue aims to explore the complex relationship between Jews and Christians during the medieval period and its representation in art and literature. We invite contributions that examine the ways in which Jewish and Christian cultures intersected, overlapped, or collided in medieval art and literature, and how these interactions shaped the cultural, social, and political landscapes of the time.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Representations of Jews and Christians in medieval art and literature
- Jewish and Christian visual and literary culture Interfaith relations and cultural exchange
- Polemical texts and anti-Jewish sentiments in medieval literature
- Christian Hebraism and Jewish responses
- Theological and philosophical debates between Jews and Christians
- Manuscripts, codices and illuminated texts
- Material culture and religious objects
The deadline for manuscript submissions is 30 November 2023.