The Menil Collections invites applications for the role of Curatorial Assistant, a three-year appointment which may be extended beyond its initial ending date.
The Curatorial Assistant provides administrative and research support to the Curator of Collections and members of the Senior Curatorial Department.
- Assist and support the Curator of Collections and Curatorial Department in research related to the collection and to specific exhibitions.
- Prepare and disseminate curatorial reports, budget templates, and correspondence.
- Work cooperatively with other departments including, but not limited to, Advancement, Publications, and Conservation, to provide exhibition descriptions, essays, and other materials.
- Research and catalog the Museum permanent collection and archives as they relate to installation and exhibition development and answer related inquiries.
- Assist in research and preparation for potential acquisitions for the collection, including biographical and bibliographical research; maintain files, and communicate with dealers, galleries, collectors, and artists, as necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance of the collection and loans, and expedite arrangements for custodial, registration, conservation, and preparation work as required in the gallery, study, and storage areas.
- Assist senior curators with all aspects of exhibition research, planning, organization, and realization.
- Write, edit, and assist in the production of Museum publications and other public-facing materials, including exhibition labels and online features.
- Perform exhibition support functions, including bibliographic and checklist research, loan correspondence, publication research and production, website development, and public program planning.
- Function as a liaison with outside persons and organizations, and with other departments within the Museum.
- Answer inquiries and conduct some gallery tours as necessary for visitors and special guests.
Closing date not specified. Job posted December 19, 2018.