The Archbishop Iakovos Collection is found on the top floor of the library named for this distinguished, late hierarch. The Collection, acquired as either gifts or purchases during His Eminence’s lifetime (1911–2005), primarily consists of vestments, liturgical artifacts, commemorative gifts, awards, and memorabilia reflecting the Archbishop’s long and celebrated ministry as the leading hierarch of the Greek Orthodox Church of North and South America (1959–1996). These items have been on display since 1999 when the library was formally dedicated, with Archbishop Iakovos and other dignitaries in attendance. Most of the objects within this Collection belong to the post-Byzantine and modern periods. More recently, a number of classical and Byzantine pieces that had belonged to Archbishop Iakovos were transferred to the Collection. These consist of Greek, Roman, and Byzantine coins, numbering 42 specimens, as well as three Byzantine bronze bread stamps and two Byzantine bronze, reliquary cross-pendants.
Through the generous support of the Mary Jaharis Center for Byzantine Art and Culture, funding was provided to carry out the research necessary for the identification of all the pieces and for their installation and display. The Greek, Roman, and Byzantine objects are exhibited for the first time during the Thirty-Eighth Annual Byzantine Studies Conference and will remain on display as part of the permanent Archbishop Iakovos Collection. The Archchiop Iakovos Museum is open 10:00 am–6:00 pm (Fri–Sat); 10:00 am–4:00 pm (Sun).