Lake Forest College seeks to hire a full-time Visiting Assistant Professor with a concentration in the history of medieval Europe and/or the Mediterranean world, for a three-year appointment to begin in the 2019-2020 academic year. Teaching load is six courses per year (three courses in each of two semesters). Teaching responsibilities include: survey courses of 1. medieval Europe and 2. either Roman history or the Renaissance/Reformation era; topical electives; advanced seminars; and courses in service to the History major, such as World Civilizations. Opportunities to contribute to interdisciplinary programs, including Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies; Islamic World Studies; and Medieval and Renaissance Studies. All specializations within medieval Europe and the Mediterranean world will be considered; preference given to candidates who can also offer courses in related areas (the Islamic world, the Atlantic world, etc.).
Jobs/Feb 13, 2019
Visiting Assistant Professor - Medieval Europe and/or the Mediterranean World, Lake Forest College
Approaching MJC Deadlines
There are currently no approaching deadlines.
Subscribe to Our Newsletters
Subscribing to our newsletters makes you a member of our MJC online community. Stay informed with our Daily Blog Digest and MJC News updates.
- Jan 22 - Apr 22, 2019 Sounds of Roman Egypt
- Jan 26 - Jul 21, 2019 Caravans of Gold, Fragments in Time: Art, Culture, and Exchange across Medieval Saharan Africa
- Jan 30 - Jul 30, 2019 Palaeologan Reflections in the Art of Cyprus (1261–1489)
- Feb 5 - Mar 5, 2019 Commemorative Religious Processions in Byzantine Constantinople
- Feb 21 - Feb 22, 2019 Armenian Art. Critical History and New Perspectives
- Feb 21, 2019 Imitations, Hypertexts, or Translations?
- Feb 22 - Feb 23, 2019 The Greek Village
- Feb 22 - Feb 23, 2019 Contested Heritage: Adaptation, Restoration and Innovation in the Late Antique and Byzantine World
- Feb 22, 2019 Postdoctoral Researcher - Byzantine Astrology, Institute for Philosophy Alexandru Dragomir
- Feb 22, 2019 Holiness on the Move: Travelling Saints in Byzantium
- Feb 23, 2019 Late Antique Textualities
- Feb 25 - Feb 27, 2019 Coptic Literature in Context
- Feb 25, 2019 45th Annual Byzantine Studies Conference
- Feb 26, 2019 Approaching Byzantine Slavery
- Call for Contributors
- Call for Participants
- Call for Sessions
- Calls for Papers
- Conferences & Symposia
- Courses & Workshops
- Exhibition Reviews
- Publication Reviews