The School of Histories of Humanities at Trinity College Dublin invites applications for the post of Regius Chair of Greek (1761) and A.G. Leventis Professor of Greek Culture (2017). The post is tenable from 1 August 2019, and arises from the retirement of Professor Brian McGing in 2017. The successful candidate will have an internationally distinguished research profile in any area of Ancient Greek language, literature, philosophy or history, including a substantive publication record and a proven ability to attract external funding. They will have an excellent track record in both undergraduate teaching and postgraduate supervision. They will have an important strategic role to play in maintaining and developing the high international research standing of the Department of Classics, in attracting outstanding graduate students and in maintaining and building both philanthropic relations and outreach activities. Candidates should have a proven capacity for effective leadership and governance, and will be expected to undertake senior administrative roles at Departmental, School and College levels.
Jobs/Jun 28, 2018
Regius Chair of Greek and A.G. Leventis Professor of Greek Culture, Trinity College Dublin
Approaching MJC Deadlines
There are currently no approaching deadlines.
2023 Open Call for Sponsored SessionsDec 1, 2023
Subscribe to Our Newsletters
Subscribing to our newsletters makes you a member of our MJC online community. Stay informed with our Daily Blog Digest and MJC News updates.
- Jun 2, 2023 Monetary History and Numismatics Summer School 2023
- Jun 2, 2023 Teaching and Learning Greek in Byzantium: Schedography
- Jun 2 - Jun 3, 2023 Translating Byzantium and Byzantium Translating
- Jun 5, 2023 Convivium XI/1: The Arts of Medieval Northern Africa
- Jun 5, 2023 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships, University of Oxford
- Jun 7, 2023 Doctoral Positions - DigPhil, Lund University
- Jun 9, 2023 Assistant Professor in Spatial Approaches to Digital Humanities, Vrije Universiteit
- Call for Contributors
- Call for Participants
- Call for Sessions
- Calls for Papers
- Conferences & Symposia
- Courses & Workshops
- Exhibition Reviews
- Publication Reviews