The Hill Museum & Manuscript Library (HMML) invites applications for the full-time, benefit-eligible position of Cataloger of Armenian Manuscripts. This is a three-year, grant-funded position.
The Cataloger will participate in HMML's effort to catalog recently digitized Armenian manuscripts and to support the creation of authority files by HMML’s metadata librarian. The Cataloger will do both original cataloging of digital surrogates as well as the correction of existing catalog records. This position is supervised by the Lead Cataloger of Eastern Christian Collections and reports to the Director of Cataloging.
- Earned doctorate in History, Armenian Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, Religious Studies, Mediterranean Studies, or MLIS equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian language and paleography.
- Native or near native English language proficiency and good communications skills.
- Experience in working with manuscripts or cataloging manuscripts.
- Knowledge of DCRM(MSS) and AMREMM cataloging standards.
- Knowledge of Turkish, Georgian, Greek, or Church Slavonic.
Job Number: 01616