The Paris Institute for Advanced Studies welcomes applications from high level international scholars and scientists in the fields of the humanities, the social sciences and related fields for periods of five or nine months, during the academic year 2017–2018.
The Paris IAS will host around twenty guest researchers, allowing them to work freely on the project of their choice. The researchers will benefit from the scientific environment of the Institute and have the opportunity to create contacts with researchers in the academic institutions of Greater Paris.
Applicants may request residencies for one of the following periods:
- September 1st, 2017 to January 31st, 2018 (5 months)
- October 1st, 2017 to June 30th, 2018 (9 months)
- February 1st to June 30th, 2018 (5 months)
Research at the Paris IAS takes place inside two types of programs: the non-thematic bottom-up program based on free individual initiatives, and the thematic program, presently related to building bridges between the humanities and social sciences on the one hand, and the cognitive and neuro-sciences, on the other.
Applications are invited from applicants
- who are senior university professors or researchers holding a permanent position in a university or research institution and have a minimum of 10 years of full time research experience after their PhD (at the time of the application).
- who are junior scholars having the status of postdoctoral researcher or holding a position in a university or research institution, and have a minimum of 2 and maximum of 9 years of research experience after the PhD (at the time of the application).
Conditions of Eligibility
- Researchers from all countries are eligible.
- Applicants who have spent more than a total of 12 months in France during the 3 years prior to the application are not eligible.
The institute is bilingual. Knowledge of English is required. The applicants are also expected to understand French, as scientific and social activities are held in French and English.