To be responsible, with colleagues where appropriate, for the research and curation of the Late Antique collections of the British Museum within the context of a 5 year Trust funded research programme on religious imagery and political authority from the Mediterranean to South Asia. To work to and closely with the Programme leader to ensure the smooth project management of the programme
Key areas of responsibility:
- To manage and administer aspects of the programme, such as budgets, workshops, meetings and work schedules.
- To research aspects of the Late Antiquity collections as part of a research programme on religious imagery and its contexts.
- To support and deliver web content, public talks and lectures and, potentially, displays.
- To edit a volume of papers by researchers in the project on methodology.
- To improve documentation for relevant artefact and pictorial collections.
- To answer research and other enquiries, and assist with visitors and public programmes
Educated to degree level or equivalent in Archaeology, Art History, Anthropology, Study of Religion, Classical Studies, Middle Eastern or South Asian History or Languages, the successful candidate will have experience of working with and researching material culture and art works. Demonstrable ability in project management and academic editorial experience is essential too. The successful candidate will be a team player who possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.