2014 Annual Symposium for Pilgrimage Studies, College of William & Mary, September 26–28, 2014
The Institute of Pilgrimage Studies in conjunction with the International Consortium for Pilgrimage Studies invites abstracts for the 2nd annual Symposium.
The conference will embrace thematic sessions including:
- Artistic and Literary Responses to Pilgrimage
- Health and Pilgrimage
- Material Culture of Pilgrimage
- Pilgrimage in the Mediterranean World
- Pilgrimage in the Ancient World
- Pilgrimage in Non-Christian Traditions
- Space, Place and Lived Experience of Pilgrimage
We encourage submission of papers involving research and creative activity on journeys to a sacred center or travel for transformation from a broad range of disciplines and perspectives including religious studies, anthropology, literature,art history, kinesiology, classical studies, history, sociology, theater and dance. Individual presentations will last no more than 20 minutes, with time for discussion between papers.
Abstracts from faculty, independent researchers, graduate and undergraduate students are welcomed and must be submitted through the conference website.